Hello and Merry after Christmas!!! It has been a fantastic one for me - hope it was just as good for you. I made a bunch of homemade gifts - the best kind because you put your time, effort, and good thoughts into it and I believe the positive energy travels with the gift to the recipient. Maybe that sounds kind of hokey but I know that a homemade blanket (which I made a few of) has lots of love in it and then the wonderful appreciation from those I gave them to. I received some homemade goodies too - tamales, cookies, salsa, and dinner items. Those were also very thoughtful and very much appreciated! It means a lot not to have to cook during the holidays when life is hectic!! So next time you are short on cash or even if you are not consider a homemade gift of food or if you're crafty something special for the person you're getting a gift for. I bet they will love it more than that spa gift basket w/ body wash and lotion that is pre-wrapped (and just might get re-gifted ;) )
On to bigger things - ok so you will be seeing a lot more of me on here starting in 2010. One reason is that I am going to be doing a project for Lent - it involves something like this - I am going vegetarian/vegan/raw (little bits from all of these labels) for Lent - I will definitely avoid all meat - occasionally fish though even though some consider it meat. I already avoid most dairy products - for those of you following this blog - my lungs are working astoundingly well since I quit drinking milk every night. So if anyone has asthma, strongly consider giving up dairy - I know I know - rip off your right arm why don't I? I thought the same thing until I did it and I feel much better and I'm not deprived I swear! If I do eat dairy I go for goat milk products, I do get a lot of vegan alternatives for sour cream, milk, etc. (PS they are not bad - you have to do some experimenting though because some are not the greatest) Eggs - well I go cage free and organic, free range if available.
So why do I need your help? because aside from the not eating meat during 40 days - I will be raising money for something - some animal sanctuary or rescue - I am having trouble deciding on which one. I want to raise awareness and $$$ for my cause - there are also other variables that I am looking at. I have considered limiting my budget for the 40 days and then what I would have spent, using the money saved to give to the organization I'm raising money for. I considered doing the 100 mile diet (to the best of my abilities / resources) www.100milediet.org so I would essentially eat only things that were grown/raised in a 100 mile radius. I do need some help deciding where the money would go and what else I should do besides no meat - so if anyone has some good suggestions about any of it please email or post a comment! If you are reading this on my Facebook you can see the blog website at www.danzsyco.blogspot.com. If you are shy you can post anonymously on the blog site! Looking forward to hearing from you!!
-paz y amore
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment