Update!! ok from the food end of things, I have within the last week started an eating program - lifestyle change - call it whatever you wanna call it just not a dare I say "diet" - lol - ok so what does this have to do with turning green? Well I'll tell ya - I buy only organic food and I try my best to buy local - there is a store called Sunflower Market and they buy local as often as possible. I am also eating less meat - and only lean and starting to buy grass fed organic beef or "natural" meats as much as possible - now this is a pricey option but if you limit you meat intake )most people have much more protein than they really need) and maybe do a meatless meal or two a week it will come out about even.
The cost and materials of raising animals for the store is outrageously expensive and horrible on the environment and usually inhumane to the animals. Buying organic or natural meats really helps to cut down environmental damage because of the better conditions these animals are raised in compared to the mass market way. Some people take this to the farthest end and go vegetarian or vegan - not me or my family because I believe there are other alternatives but it's definitely an option!! Here is a very entertaining film on the subject http://www.themeatrix.com/very informative and fun at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment