Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Balance in all things

Ok so I have to go back to this book that I've been reading it was talking about how Benjamin Franklin had a set of virtues and every week he would work on one of the virtues. The book broke it down into fewer categories (I believe old Ben had 13). Anyway I think that is a great starting point for this whole thing. However I did start my physical program yesterday, my goal is to be 10 pounds lighter by June and more toned about 20% body fat. The body fat I care more about than the goal weight - what you should always find is that to measure success in fitness - look how your clothes fit, do a jiggle test (OMG!!), look for toning in your muscles that wasn't there before - these are the things that should matter not the weight on the scale - however having said that my 10 pounds is where I think I will be at 20%.

So the exercise regimen consists of this: 3 days a week weight training, 2 days a week cardio and 1 extra day of fun cardio - riding a bike or hiking or rollerblading with doggies - things like that. So yesterday was the first day of the program - I 5 minutes of cardio, then weights (all over body), then about 5-10 min stretching.

My eating was average - could do much better but I did buy Amazing Grass - it is a superfood supplement you can check it out here: http://www.amazinggrass.com/ I will be having one superfood shake a day which basically includes a scoop of protein, scoop of Amazing Grass, one cup of yogurt, frozen organic berries, maybe a banana and then orange juice or milk as a base. We'll see how this works out - more to come - love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment